We believe that wearing the academy uniform creates an identity and ensures all students know they belong to our community, it also ensures a smart and consistent appearance for visitors.
All students from Year 7 to 11 are expected to wear their uniform correctly and with pride whilst on Academy premises and also on the journey to and from the Academy.
For a visual guide to Charnwood College's uniform, please see the document below.
All students Years 7 to 11 must wear a house tie, blazer and outdoor jacket that shows the academy logo. Our school skirt must also have the logo on.
These items can only be purchased through the official academy supplier who can be contacted by either ordering on -line at www.academyschooluniform.co.uk or calling telephone number: 0115 9652869
- Students must wear a white school shirt with a collar. Shirts must be plain, not fitted, with no patterns, logos or embroidery.
- Black skirt with logo
- Trousers. (Plain with no patterns)
- Black or white socks/tights (Plain)
- Black shoes. (No trainers or sandals.) Heels must be a sensible height, i.e. not dangerous on stairs. Shoes must cover the whole foot (no pumps or fashion shoes due to health and safety in Science and Design Technology rooms).
- PE kit: Black academy polo top, black shorts and black/white socks from our uniform provider below.
- Trainers, football boots (optional).
- All students must have an Academy school bag with them at all times (available from the office).
- Hats, caps, hoods and hooded tops are not allowed to be worn inside the building.
- Sixth form students are not required to wear uniform, but are expected to attend in business wear. For more information on what sixth form students can wear please view our Sixth Form Dress Code document.